So, I thought I'd do a review on this amazing product, since getting it and using it religiously for almost 2 months. I've tried many bases before, and I have to say that this is by far my favourite!
Here are the pros:
- actually brights up your skin tone! hence the name :P
- only need one pump (about a pea size)
- no funky odor
- doesn't break me out!!!!!!!!!! ( I can't tell you how many times bases have broken me out in the past...this product is a miracle I tell ya!!)
- cute packaging :}
- you'll use less foundation/concealer
- sanitary; pump
- comes in 2 other formulations: clear cover and smooth coat
- has a 'window' on the side so you can see how much product is left
- makes my makeup last all day, even in this humid, 30+ degree weather!
- doesn't change into some weird color; won't affect your foundation/powders' color on top
And a few cons:
- a bit pricey ($30 US on adambeauty.com)
- only contains SPF 10 PA+ ( I usually go for SPF 15, which I apply underneath)
And that's about it! :) I hope you guys check out this awesome line from Sofina. Here's some more info below from their website:
SOFINA Primavista Bright Up Base (makeup base)
Covers skin dullness for a bright, clear finish, complementing SOFINA Primavista makeup foundations
|•||Augments violet and blue light spectrum for a bright and clear finish.|
|•||Prevents makeup foundation from wearing off, for a long-lasting and flawless finish.|
|•||Moisturizing ingredient (chamomile extract)|
And now, a little background on Primavista, which I found quiet interesting, as a Graphic Designer :P
'Prima vista' means 'first look' in Italian. The brand naming reflects the zest SOFINA produces: lively and bright first impressions for all females.
The package design - a small box in pink beige, which symbolizes the brilliance in skin, tied carefully with a ribbon in mocha brown - was created with the concept that the purchaser may perceive each product as an intimate gift to herself; a present that enhances her unique beauty.