Saturday, March 28, 2009

Guerlain • Ombre eclat 4 couleurs in Perle D'Argent 480

I bought this palette with the hopes of finding the best quad for a smokey eye. Needless to say, this palette does deliver that effect for myself.
The colors include a matte white, a matte light grey, a shimmery light Grey, and a deep black that has tiny sparkles in it. Needless to say, the top 2 colors [see image above] don't show up that well on the skin; I found that I had to pack it on. The bottom 2 shades show up much better and have a bigger impact than the other 2 shadows above them.
The palette comes with 2 sponge applicators, which were of no use to myself. I used one of them to apply the white shadow, and it ended up staining the white eyeshadow with black! Never has this happened to me before! So, to be on the safe side, I keep those away and stick to using my MAC brushes instead.

Overall, I enjoy this palette, but I don't use it as much as I had hoped to. In the future, I don't see myself getting a different quad from Guerlain; the Dior ones do a much better job, and are about the same price [and those come with 5 shadows].

Hope this helps!! :)



Here are the main colors Guerlain offers.



No comments:

Post a Comment