Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Holy Grail (HG) Items

Hello ladies :)

So, I am constantly being asked what my favourite items are. Whether it be skincare, makeup, lotions, anthing at all, I get it asked! Therefore, I'm posting this to shed some light and hopefully explain why I love these products, and why they work so well for me. Hopefully, they can help someone out there too :)

*P.S: These are just my opinions!

1. Shu Uemura- Cleansing Oils


















I'm already on my 6th bottle of this stuff. Have been using it for well over a year now, and I've been seeing a lot of improvements on my skin! This has definetely helped keep it clear, since I don't have to worry about my makeup still being on my skin, even after I cleanse it. I simply use 2 pumps of this, rub it around my entire face (and eyes-this stuff even removes stubborn eye makeup), add some water, rub some more and wash it off. Then I follow up with my cleanser.


2. Obagi- Cleanziderm





















I was recommended to use this, thanks in part to my dermatologist. I now thank her everytime and wish I had listened to her months prior to purchasing this. To be perfectly honest, I was mainly turned off at the $125 price tag for this system. But after using it religiously for the past 6 months, my skin has changed so much, and I hardly break out anymore. Actually, I don't. All thanks to THIS amazing kit, which doesn't dry my skin up like Proactiv did!!


3. Christian Dior- Diorshow Mascara
















Being a mascara addict myself, I have tried NEARLY every mascara on the market right now. I am always on the lookout for the best thing out there. And I've been using this mascara since it first came out, several years ago. So, has any mascara beaten Diorshow?

Quiet simply put: no.


4. Oil of Olay- Complete All Day Moisture Lotion


















I've been using this for about 4 years now. This is the best daytime lotion/sunscreen that I have come across that doesn't break out my sensitive skin. It is lightweight, moisturizing, and doesn't make me look shiny or greasy after application. I am on my 4th bottle now, and will continue to purchase it in the future for sure.


5. Lise Watier- Portfolio Concealers











I recently purchased this concealer, and I really really like it!! Please read my review on this product in my previous posts :)

6. Smith's Rosebud Salve (Minted Rose)
















This stuff is amazing ....and cheap. I got one (.8 Oz.) for $8. It has lasted me for about 8 months, and I've just recently hit pan on it. I use it every night, and wake up to nice, smooth lips. This is especially important for the dry winter months, when my lips are super dry, this stuff works right away to heal and protect them from further damage. I swear by this stuff!! It has a nice minty smell to it as well :) which I like. A lot :)

7. Jill Stuart Eyelash Curler
















I got this when it was on sale...I think for about $20?? But anyways, I've used a lot of eyelash curlers in my days, and this is the best out of them all (I have yet to use the famous Shu Uemura one...so we will see!!). This curles and defines my lashes so well, without making them look crazy. The end result is natural, and I am in love with this!! The fact that is has a 'diamond' jewellery dangling from it makes it super cute!! It's such a cute curler to have, and whip out in public :)

8. Nars- Orgasm Blush













I know, what a cliche! Who doesn't love this blush?! I know a few people say this comes out either more pink, or more coral on their skintone. For me, it comes out more coral, with gold shimmer in it. But not annoying glitter that makes you look like you sprinkled sparkles on your cheeks (think discoball). This blush makes me look more awake and fresh, and it looks very youthful. It doesn't look overdone, but you can overdue it easily (which I have...). Overall, this is the blush I tend to use when I'm in a hurry and can't decide what blusher to use. It goes with nearly every look I do (mostly natural ones). I highly recommend you try this on at the NARS counter before purchasing though :)

9. Aspirin Pills (non-coated)







Ok, who puts pills as one of their HG items, really? Well, if you have used a aspirin mask before, then you know the amazing things it can do to problematic skin. (please read my review on it in this blog). This stuff really works, keeps my skin clear and glowing, and its super cheap!! Who doesn't like that in this day's economy? :)

10. MAC 187 Brush













So, this came out to $50 CND. I was a bit disappointed with its price when I initially bought it. I had heard a lot of great things about this brush. To be perfectly honest, I just bought it because it felt so soft when the MAC makeup artist used this on me. She said some people buy it for applying blush (esp. those, like me, who tend to overdo blushers...).

What I love about this brush is that it is so versatile. You can apply loose/pressed powder with this. I mostly use it to apply my liquid/cream/BB cream foundations, or a sheer wash of pressed powder. I think that applying those with your fingers is sorta unhygienic (even if they are clean!). The application is flawless; this brush makes the product go on so nicely and evenly; i simply dab the product onto my skin (like pixels) then I move the brush in a circular motion until all the product is blended onto my skin. The end result is so natural and flawless; it doesn't even look like you have foundation on. I absolutely love this brush, and I can't imagine using the traditional foundation brush, sponges, or my fingers for foundation application. Once you use this brush, you will not go back!! haha.

And yes, it is so worth the price!! Trust me!! If you take good care of it, this should last you for decades.

11. Pür Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Foundation in Light
















They say, if it isn't broke, don't fix it, right? Well, since I am always on the lookout for the best foundation out there, I am always looking for something that will work better than this foundation. And to be honest, I can't find that one item. This foundation is simply amazing (check out my review on it!). I don't even know why I keep wasting my money on new foundations; this stuff is truly amazing. I LOVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment